It’s simple. Using the right cup is what makes the original sparkleball work. Here’s how.
click photos for details
Formula 12 – 9 – 4
Staple 12 cups in a ring.
If 12 doesn’t make a circle, your cups are wrong.
Switch to how-to for any-size cups.
Make a hanger.
This Pinterest board will give you lots of different ideas.
MORE HOW-TO POSTS:
– FIND THE RIGHT CUPS
– TIPS FOR INSERTING LIGHTS
– THE BEST STAPLER
– HOW TO HANG IT – 1
– HOW TO HANG IT – 2
– USING DIFFERENT LIGHTS – 1
– USING DIFFERENT LIGHTS – 2
– DRILLING A PERFECT HOLE
– HOW TO GET IT REALLY ROUND
– MAKING MINI SPARKLEBALLS
- some 9 oz cups I know work: Solo, Dart, Safeway, Fabrical Kal-clear, Choice.
- test lights before inserting! Putting lights in is hardest part so be good to go.
- staple deep in cups.
- 1/2″ step drill bit (about $14) makes drilling plastic easy. or use a soldering iron to melt holes.
- don’t over staple at first. Keep ball flexible then reinforce.
- for dancing sparkleball use chasing lights with function control.
- Carl has a neat trick for keeping lights from slipping out of cups.
- The Sparkleball Kit has everything you need to make an Original Sparkleball.
More Sparkleballs to Make